So much to do!
The Overberg region is filled with fun things to see and do. Choose one of our planned outings or take a look at some other ideas below.
- Wine tasting in Elgin, Bot River, the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley, Stanford or Elim.
- A trip along the whale coast to the southern-most tip of Africa.
- See the Big 5 – yes they’re just a day trip away!
- Berry picking, apple picking or lavender picking.
- Brandy or beer tasting.
- A boat cruise down the Klein River.
- A chillaxing day at one of the awesome Overberg spas.
- Town-hop and see a range of some of the oldest buildings in South Africa. The churches are particularly magnificent!
- The Faerie sanctuary in Swellendam. (Maize?)
- Bontebok and Mountain Zebra at the Bontebok National Park.
- Kapula Candles – the awesome candle factory in Bredasdorp.
- Dragonfly Farm near Napier to see the most loved goats in the Overberg and sample their scrumptious range of cheese.
- A hike through Fernkloof Nature Reserve.
- Art, tea and shopping in Greyton.
- Museums, art and alpacas in Villiersdorp
- Art meander, Dolls House, wine tasting or historical walk in Greyton.
- Shipwreck Museum Heuningberg Nature Reserve in Bredasdorp
- Kassiesbaai – the village that is a national heritage site in its entirety
- Waenhuiskrans – experience the enormous cave named because it is big enough to fit an ox wagon in.
- De Kelders, Franskraal
- Betty’s Bay penguins
- Franskraal Museum
- Caves at De Kelders
Take a look at some of the suggestions people put on Twitter with #LoveOverberg for more ideas.